This position is responsible for inspecting construction projects to ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Reviews capital improvement, residential and commercial construction plans for compliance, accuracy and completeness.
• Monitors and inspects the installation of sewer pipes and structures.
• Inspects road construction projects.
• Inspects temporary and permanent traffic control devices.
• Inspects utility excavation permits.
• Performs erosion and sediment control inspections.
• Reviews bacteriological test reports for water mains.
• Maintains records of inspections.
• Responds to questions and concerns from the public.
• Completes land surveys to review location and elevation of roadways, storm sewers, and sanitary sewers.
• Maintains assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Assists with snow removal operations.
• Performs related duties.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with public works operations, including plan review, construction inspection and stormwater operations.
• Knowledge of construction principles and practices.
• Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
• Skill in the preparation of clear and precise administrative reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/ internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Missouri for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain the appropriate state certification for the type of inspection(s) conducted.
Online employment applications can be accessed on the City Website:
The City of O'Fallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify